A student desiring an academic adjustment/accommodation must submit current documentation as required by the Criteria for Disability Documentation to the Campus President. The documentation should state, as determined by an appropriate licensed professional, what reasonable adjustments/accommodations are needed by the student. Academic adjustments/accommodations may be requested by following the review/verification process described below:
1. In addition to the required disability documentation, the following forms must be completed within the first two weeks of enrollment or within two weeks of being diagnosed with a disability:
All forms must be signed and submitted to the Campus President.
2. Once the appropriate forms and disability documentation have been received by the Campus President and procedurally verified, the student’s written request for adjustments/accommodations is forwarded to the Accommodations Review Committee (ARC) for approval. The Campus President will retain a copy of all relevant documentation in the student’s file.
3. Keiser University’s Accommodations Review Committee will engage in an interactive process with the student regarding what accommodations/academic adjustments are needed. The student will be contacted prior to the ARC determination to ensure that the student is involved in the process that determines what services, if any, the student is to receive.
Grievance Procedure: Students who have been deemed ineligible for adjustments/accommodations have the right to file a grievance with Keiser University. The grievance procedures are described in the Keiser University catalog.
5. When adjustments/accommodations have been approved by the ARC, either the
6. If a student encounters difficulties with an Instructor or other University personnel regarding adjustments/accommodations, the student should bring the difficulties to the attention of the Campus President. If the Campus President is unable to resolve said difficulties, the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs will be brought into the discussion to assist with a resolution.
Online Career Center
Calendar of Events